Thursday, August 6, 2009

1st Rant and it's to YOU G4!!!

G4, we hardly knew ye. You were once a great source of video game entertainment. From shows to Screen Savers, to Arena...(Hey I admit, the show was crappy but entertaining nontheless) and of course good ol' X-Play. Yes I remember the good times when Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb wore whatever the hell they wanted only to NOW be told what designer clothes to wear. It sucks ya know...

After watching this years G'Phoria, a lot of thoughts ran into my head: "I sure hope it isn't sponsored by Microsoft's Wallet." And to my surprise...AND shock it wasn't. Although I did find it weird how Fallout 3 won more awards than it should. I wasn't sure though if it meant if it was just Fallout 3 the game or if it included the expansions as well. If it did then it'd be a whole different story.

I am happy to see that Castle Crashers won an award (game is awsome btw) and find it hilarious how a game like Legendary went on to win a "Most likely to be a Uwe Boll movie." I'd figure that honor would go to X-Bladz or Onenchambra. Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars was bestowed an award (Best Handheld game) which is pretty cool. Killzone 2 took the award for Best Graphics and it damn well should....game is so freaking pretty to look at. Although I was let down when Street Fighter 4 didn't win any awards. :(

One last thing I wanna say are these horrible TV shows that are on G4 now are terrible...(Except you, Cops.) I mean we literally get like 4 hours Cheaters, 6 hours of Cops, 2 hours for some random movie that apparently DOESN'T SUCK and the occasional X-Play and Attack of the Show. For a channel devoted to video games, shouldn't there be...oh I don't know......MORE VIDEO GAMES!?!? I don't know about you but if I watched a show where it's known as the "Center of the Gaming Universe" I would like to know why that center sucks. If anybody finds the answer let me know because I AM DYING TO KNOW!

/rant

No comments:

Post a Comment